Application Status page down

guardianvg

5-Year Member
Hi everyone. I just tried to access the the application status page and received a message that it was down for maintenance until Thursday 7th.:eek:

server down

I received the same message. Maybe the USAFA is getting ready for the onslaught of data concerning the bulk of nominations and appointments.

Is it possible that the website status will be updated ahead of a notification letter (nomination or appointment) ?

My son first saw his nomination on the website, but was received his appointment before it was updated there. Seems like anything's possible!

Just checked our son's application and it seems up and working!
:wink:

My application is still down. They say it is for Maintenance until the 7th (tomorrow).

Later,

Brian

Oops - down again! I tried it when the last poster posted and it worked, but now I tried regular applications and summer seminar and they both give me the error message.

Ok, I tried again. I am still up and going. Next, I thought maybe I'd lost my mind and double checked that it was the USAFA Online Application-Status Page and sure enough it was up. Question-Where are you guys from? We are in the Northwest region of the country. My thought is maybe there is more than one server. What does anyone else think? (I still could have lost my mind! This has been a long and interesting process.):yllol:

Nope, I just tried them both again and get the error messages with both. I'm in Wisconsin.

Although...maybe it's my computer. It's ALWAYS my computer! :rolleyes:

Works for me....Nevada here. Haven't seen anything wrong yet:confused:

Got the following message when I went to the website just now:

Attention!

All US Air Force Academy Admissions websites are temporarily down for maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. We anticipate all services will be restored by Thursday, January 7, 2010.

If you have problems reaching this site after Thursday, January 7 please send us an email.

Ok, I tried again. I am still up and going. Next, I thought maybe I'd lost my mind and double checked that it was the USAFA Online Application-Status Page and sure enough it was up. Question-Where are you guys from? We are in the Northwest region of the country. My thought is maybe there is more than one server. What does anyone else think? (I still could have lost my mind! This has been a long and interesting process.):yllol:

Mumsyto3 where are you from?

I take it back haha. Mine isn't working either now. Just maintenance on the system. I wouldn't fret everyone:rolleyes:

The "both of them" were the two I'd mentioned earlier - for regular applications and for summer seminar applications (I have a junior and a senior). They look similar, and both require the SSN and DOB, but you can't access one from the other. So if I put in the wrong kid's SSN/DOB it tells me they aren't in the system.

I, too, finally got the message you have been talking about! Interesting.

Admissions status page

I just checked admissions status page and everything is back up and running. I am from Chilly Florida!

It is up in Colorado. Just checked and the maintenance is done.

Later,

Brian

Back