Good guys sometimes DO win one!

flieger83

Super Moderator
15-Year Member
Hey all!

No, this has NOTHING to do with the academy.

Well, okay, maybe JUST a little bit.

Today in Honolulu...one of the good guys won!

Colonel Joseph K. Kim, USAFA '82 (and my friend for a LONG time) was promoted in the Hawaii Air National Guard to the grade of Brigadier General.

I can't tell you how this has affected me. Joe was a year ahead of me at the Zoo...we flew/served together for many years, and in the past 7 years we've worked closely together. He is EVERYTHING that you could hope for a graduate of ANY institution; the fact he's an AFA grad is a bonus.

He's one of the VERY GOOD ones and if your "kids" have the opportunity to serve with him...they'll be VERY blessed!

So raise a toast to a fine officer!!!

And candidates...you could do MUCH worse than to emulate his career! Joe has always worked hard to be the best; he's NEVER been described as the "gifted" one...but is PROOF that hard work and dedication will WIN in the end!!!

Put a star on this man! http://www.154wg.ang.af.mil/resources/biographies/bio.asp?id=11662

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

Wow very cool. Congratulations to the Colonel for a big honor indeed and I'm sure well deserved too.

My dad is an 82 grad! I will have to tell him about this. What did you/he fly? My dad flew F-15's.

oh haha- my bad! My dad is an 86 grad. 82 was high school.

Back