Once Offer is Accepted

SALTY007

5-Year Member
Once you accept the "Appointment", and have mailed that paperwk back to them, and they have changed your status to "Appointment Accepted"...will anything else/new arrive in the mail ?:scratch:

A plane ticket to USAFA (if you chose to have them provide you one) later on. I can't remember if there was anything else.

Planning on driving up in June...can't wait!!!
Was wondering if they sent a nice "Appointment" Binder/Folder or something like that?..just curious!!

Planning on driving up in June...can't wait!!!
Was wondering if they sent a nice "Appointment" Binder/Folder or something like that?..just curious!!

I don't think they do other than the folder they sent. on the other hand Navy sent a hardcover diploma like binder and certificate. But we aren't judging the book by it's cover. Aim High:thumb:

A couple of years ago when my D was accepted to USAFA she accepted and then months later at Senior Awards Night (late May) a very nice certificate in a leather presentation binder was formally presented to her by her ALO. I don't know if they still do it that way but it was great for her to receive it at the Sr. Awards night - after the awards were given out many people sought her out to congratulate her and to see the cool presentation binder. It was a great night!

As a 4 degree, I recommend running alot while at home and preparing.

Last year for awards night, my ALO presented me with a blue folder and a certificate of appointment.

My ALO will be making a presentation at my Senior Awards night this June. He called when I received my appointment to see if I was OK with it. Of course my response was... "HELL YA!!! :thumb:

That's GREAT :thumb:
All you guys & girls certainly deserve it :biggrin:
Enjoy your Award Ceremonies :smile:

As for what's mailed to you after accepting your appointment --- an "Instructions to Appointees" booklet that has all sorts of info in it should come beginning end of Jan early Feb. It gives you your PO Box you'll have while at AFA, immunization record form is in the booklet that has to be filled out and faxed/mailed back, checklist of what to bring/not bring with you, the Orientation information folder, info on sponsor program, AOG, bank form to be mailed back to open your Armed Forces Bank account (required, but lots will change their direct deposit to another bank after classes start).
Our son's nice appointment certificate was presented at senior awards ceremony by his ALO in June.

Back