Online Status

Chazkr5

5-Year Member
Hello everyone,
Ive been reading these forums for some time now and they are an incredible source of information. I have received two nominations, one from my state senator (Senator LeMeiux, FL) and my Congressman (Grayson, 8th district, Orlando). I received them over two months ago and upon receiving the first one I received a postcard stating that I was now listed as an official candidate, however, my online status is still listed as "applicant." I know everyone has said that it can take a long time for the online status to update, but over 2 months seems a little long to me. Should I be worried at all about this? My ALO said that I am very competitive and I have high scores and more EC and AP classes than any sane student should take.

Thank You in advance for any advice.

We have a similar issue with the information sent in by my daughter's high school. It was sent more than a month ago and her applications states it is still missing. My daughter has talked to the admissions counselor and was told to wait a week. Hopefully, something will show up soon! We're nervous that something could have ended up in the wrong place. And we did have the GC resend everything in about a week ago just in case.

Status

I received a nomination from Senator Bill Nelson of Florida on December 11. The nomination did not show up on the website until January. I received the same post card. My candidate status has been posted for a while, even before I had a nomination. I just received another nomination from Fl 25 district from Congressman Diaz-balart so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for that one to get posted. Good luck! Maybe an email to your advisor will clear this up.

Back