HELP! Need some advice

Perpetual Motion

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I have been a lurker on here for a while. My story is that I am a sophomore in college and this year is my third time applying to the Academy.

If I could get some advice on my problem that would be much appreciated.

Like I said this is my third year applying for the Academy. I have learned to be very meticulous on my application. Making sure to call everytime I send/submit something to admissions. My counselors have been very very helpful of the last couple of years to make my application shine.

Last year, after I got the thin envelope in the spring, I did some investigating and found out that my college transcript had never been factored into my application. I was told the only thing I could do was reapply again this year.

Today I got a call back from my counselor saying my application has NOT gone to board and does NOT have my college transcript. I was speechless when he told me this. Not only did I call in when I sent the transcript to tell them to expect the transcript, I called in to make sure that they had received it (which they had). I also followed up with my school and got confirmation that they sent it in.

My college grades are a 3.6 in the hardest major at my school (Aero Engr) and I need them to make my application competitive.

At this point I am some what jaded. I am planning on writing a letter or something to admissions.

I anyone has experienced something like this before/knows what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If your college allows it, I would bring an envelope with return receipt requested pre-paid and have them send it again. Keep the tracking number. Overnight it if you can afford it. When it arrives, call admissions and see if they can search for it. My D had a similar problem with her school info. We sent it in twice and the good people in admissions searched for it and found it. They called us back promptly and were very helpful. Within one day, her application showed complete Good luck!.

Wow! I am impressed with how determined you have been all this time! I wish you good luck and hope your application goes before the next board!

Unfortunately, this stuff does happen.:thumbdown:

Send it again, and make sure you get confirmation. You are still well within the deadlines.

I would right a letter, as well. Someone in leadership needs to know what happened.

(I've had stuff disappear out of my personnel folder. Of course, the initial assumption was I failed to turn in the forms for the past year and a half. :unhappy:)

Back