Disqualified - Complete but Administratively disqualified?

txmom

5-Year Member
When we logged in tonight, our son's status was updated to Disqualified, Complete but Administratively disqualified.

We are somewhat in shock and will call tomorrow to find out what happened, but can anyone provide any input?

He's top 10% at a highly competitive school, GPA almost 4.0 (above 4.0 when adjusted for AP classes), heavy AP load, received Congressional Nomination, seemed to do well with his ALO interview, attended Summer Seminar last year.

Thoughts before we call tomorrow?

Is this DoDMERB -had you received a notice that he was medically qualified? or a failed Candidate Fitness Assessment?

An Administrative DQ can be anything from a criminal record, a question of citizenship, personal conduct, a dependent, or many other things. (not insinuating he has any of these issues, just giving random examples).

He should call the USAFA immediately to see how this DQ can be lifted.

luigi is quite correct. Administratively disqualified is usually totally different from academics or medical. It can be something as simple as not showing proof of citizenship and needing to send a form in; to as complicated as many of the examples luigi provided. You obviously know the correct course of events. Contact the academy / counselor. Right now, they are the only ones with the right answer. You might also find that they were updating someone elses application and simply updated the wrong one. With 10,000 applications, sometimes mistakes are made. Definitely keep up with them and call. good luck. mike....

TXMom, if you don't mind us asking, what did the Admissions office have to say?

Good Luck

Similar thing happened with our son; except it was medical. The most difficult part of the process was getting a human on the phone! It was days of leaving messages with DodMerb and his counselor. DODMeRB called back, but his counselor never has; we finally got in touch with the counselor, and he let us know that it was in the hands of the committee with DODMeRB. Doesn't seem like there is anyone out in the Academy who is willing to help. Good luck to you.

To f@lc0n: You really need to go over to the Dodmerb portion of this forum and contact Larry Mullen if you need help regarding Dodmerb - he will definitely help you out - ASAP!

I'm a bit surprised about AF in general because my son has never had trouble getting through to his counselor. Nor did I when I called her last week about orientation (I was trying to set up flights and wanted to confirm the ending times). Most of the time he's called, he's gotten directly through to her (and this has probably been once a month since July!). Any time he hasn't, he's left a message and she's usually called back within a couple hours. He had a similar response from Navy, although he usually emailed because he found they replied to them very quickly. West Point has been the only one he never was successful getting responses from or getting a live person!

Mystery solved - he missed weight. Once his season ended he let things slide. He'll have it resolved within a week to meet the Feb deadline.

Counselor was wonderful and informative. Since all of his application is complete, nomination is in and the DODMERB is not involved it's a simple measurement with the school nurse.

Thanks everyone. I have learned so much from reading on the forums.

Back