Orientation Dinner April 18

Where do you want the April 18 Orientation to be?

• Total voters

bsa07eagle

10-Year Member
Hi all,

I wanted to start a poll for each of our top choices right now and let that run until the mass appointments come out in March. Please only vote for the orientation you will be going to (cadets, if you are going, vote for any and all that you would like).

Orientation Dinner April 19-20
Date: April 18th
Time: TBD
Place: TBD

I think I will limit it to more of the nationwide chain type restaurant. If you would like to comment on the time also please feel free to do so. Here are the choices:

-Olive Garden
7815 N ACADEMY BLVD
COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80920
This has been a very popular option at least for last year. A bit of a ways from the Academy Hotel (a good 500 yards), but within walking distance.

-T.G.I Friday's
7061 COMMERCE CENTER DRIVE
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80919
The cadet presence here likes the 3$ Long Islands. It is pretty close to the Academy Hotel although not as close as Olive Garden, Red Robin, or Famous Dave's. Probably a good drive, whereas you could walk to some of the others.

-Famous Dave's BBQ
8330 RAZORBACK ROAD
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80920
I believe some people met up here last year after the olive garden dinner. It is about 600 yards from the academy hotel.

-Red Robin
1410 JAMBOREE DRIVE
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80920
This is another great option. It is about 450 yards from the Academy Hotel.

I just wanted to add the walking distance in case you don't have a car while you are here. I'm sure you will be able to get a ride either way, but just so you know.

Thank you,

Brian

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top as the April 19-20 orientation is rapidly approaching. We have also gotten many more appointees on our list. It is also a reminder that I need to start organizing this with the chosen restaurant. I will begin the sign up exactly a month before each orientation(So the first will be on March 19). On the day that I post the sign up, and select the restaurant that currently holds the most votes and begin communicating with them.

Later,

Brian

Im assuming so this is for all us forum folk so we can finally meet in person?

Yes it is. If you are going to orientation it would be great to see you there.

Later,

Brian

Well I should definitely be there, its the 18th (that would be Sunday night) correct?

That is correct. Sunday night probably starting at 4:30.

Later,

Brian

bsa07eagle,

I have an appointment and plan on attending the orientation dinner on the 18th. I live within 30 miles of the Academy and know the area pretty well. If you need help with organizing anything or setting anything up, let me know. I'd be happy to offer a hand.

Thanks man, that is great to have someone else in the area. I will send you a PM.

Later,

Brian

Combat Boots

I'm attending the April 19th-20th orientation session and I was wondering if anyone knows the Exact price on combat boots?

Just to let you all know, this will be finalized on Monday morning. If anyone still wants to vote, please do so in the next couple days. It would be nice to get a few more votes for this orientation.

Later,

Brian

Back