Cell Phones

Yes, but not immediately. Upon arrival to the academy, it, along with all your personal belonging shy of tooth past, brush, razor, etc... will be taken from you. After graduating BCT, these items will be given back to you. WHEN, is determined by your squadron. If your squadron believes you have "earned" the privilege, you will be given them back as soon as BCT is over. Some squadrons wait until parent's weekend. Some wait even longer. Depends on your squadron.

Then, once you've gotten the cell phone back, there will be times you are allowed to use them and times you aren't. The worst thing you could have happen, is to have the phone go off while in your pocket at formation or in class. Learn to appreciate vibrate mode. But again, you can have them under restricted use. good luck. mike....

My squad still has them, so as CC said, it all depends on the squad.

But take your phone to BCT. Last summer when Doolie Day Out was "In" phones were at a premium, and the cadets that had brought theirs to I-Day were lucky to call home and friends at their leisure that day. But for heaven's sake, do not pack a suitcase, you need only what they tell you in your packet.

Definitely take your phone to BCT, you'll regret it otherwise. Make sure you bring charger too....Umm, also it does all depend on squad. Lots of squads come down to if you fail the weekly Ktest or not..

my squad got them back after parents weekend and for a while did the whole "if you suck at this, then you don't get them." but then a few of my classmates had serious car trouble up in denver on the interstate and had no way of contacting anyone, so we got them back for safety purposes. they haven't been taken away for 40 days.

Back