Summer Seminar application question

LB91

5-Year Member
For those in the know - how important is this question on the summer seminar application: "Is your uncorrected vision 20/50 or better?"

Is there a reason they ask?
My son needs to wear glasses/contacts and we are wondering if that could keep him from being accepted to summer seminar.

Daughter said no to vision question and got in to seminar. Not sure why they'd track it.

Not sure why they'd track it.

When you get your acceptance they tell you that your info has been given to admissions or something so that you now have a pre-candidate file open. My guess is that it is for that, so they don't have to get the info later on.

I have no idea of its implications, but answer honestly - this is also your Precandidate Questionaire for appointment. (I Will Not Lie...Integrity First...etc.)

I wear contacts and glasses. When I got my driver's license I was tested at 20/40 so I am not required to wear them while I drive. My optometrist has never told me my 20/20 number. So I answered yes because of the driver's license test and sports physicals. Next time I see the eye doctor I will ask him for the number, then change my answer if my eyes have gotten worse.

He completed his application already in Dec. (And answered truthfully.)

He's just feeling antsy because he really wants to go and hasn't heard anything yet. His ALO told him his application was really strong, so he has his hopes up.

Back