Got my medical waiver Now what?

Chyron13

5-Year Member
I finally got a medical waiver. Just checked Dodmerb and it said "Commission Qualified- Medical waiver granted". My application to the USAFA is complete, I have a nomination. The only thing was disqualified because a medical waiver was needed, now that I have one, what is the next process before I get an Appointment? Does it go to a review board or is an appointment forth coming?

I don't mean to be a bubble popper, but there are approximately 5000+ applicants theoretically with a nomination. 453 representative; each with a slate of 10 nominations. 100 senators; each with a slate of 10 nominations. Plus all the other nominations from presidential and others. Yet, there will only be approximately 1400 appointments that go to the academy.

Ensure that your status on the website changes to show everything complete. If it is, then your package will go before the board. And you will be in the same boat and many of those on this forum and around the country. You hope that you'll get an appointment.

There's only 2 things that is going to possibly guarantee an appointment for you, but you didn't give us all the information.

1. You received a "Principle" nomination from your MOC who ranks their nominations, and s/he has a slot open.
2. You received an LOA (Letter of Assurance) earlier in the year.

If you fall into either of these 2 categories, then an appointment would be almost guaranteed. If not, then you are pretty much in the same boat as the other 80-85% of applicants. Waiting to see if you get accepted to the academy. Best of luck to you. mike....

Back