Appointment notification question

Zach42014

5-Year Member
If you have a MOC and a presidential nomination and receive an appointment will you know which nomination was used for your appointment? I know its not important but was wondering if you get an appointment under the presidential nomination will the MOC who nominated you be notified who in turn will notify you? or if you get an appointment under presidential will you just get a "mailing"

I got it under the presidential. I was not notified in any way, that was just the only nom I had. So at least in my case I would not have known if I had more than one (I have heard of MOC's calling about appointments).

Later,

Brian

Eventually, you'd probably be notified by your ALO. But as BSA said, if it's a presidential, you probably will just see your status online change to "Appointment Offered" and then you'll get a package in the mail. And yes, your MOC will be notified; but that notification won't be necessarily about you. It will be about which applicant their slot went against.

But a lot depends on the nomination. I.e. If your MOC ranks their slate, and you are the #1 principle nominee, the academy 99% of the time, will give you the appointment with the MOC nomination. This way THEY, the academy, can use the presidential for someone else. But if your MOC doesn't rank their slate, or if you were #2-#10, then if the academy wants you, they'll probably have to use the presidential for you because your MOC can only have so many. So the answer to your question is: "It depends". Which nomination used depends on the nominations available, how your MOC's nominations are set up, and which applicants have what scores. Basically, there isn't just 1 way for this to be done. Best of luck. Mike....

Panels?

While talking with the admissions officer about another matter I asked the stauts of the application and she siad " its at panel 1 right now" (This was Tuesday).

Does that mean it is getting scored fot he first time?

The App was completed in late Jan and Nom received in Nov

Back