111 Days until Inprocessing

my previous post from today. please please please i am begging you pay attention to it and don't make the mistake a lot of us did.

"i was on the forums all the time last year trying to find out everything i could about usafa. big mistake. go have fun, hang out with friends, hang out with your dog or whatever. spend lots of time with your family. i couldn't wait to come here last year. March and April just dragged on. but believe me, i regret not spending as much time with the people i care about a whole lot. this will probably be the best 3 months of your life. enjoy them. make sure you use them in a way that you'll be happy about. the memories you have made and especially will make the next few months are what will get you through BCT and 4 dig year, which completely sucks...9 days is the only thing i can think about. and wearing my cardinal's shirt and hat...the academy is going to be a part of almost everything in your life the next 4 years. you'll have plenty of time to spend with it. you'll only see your family and home 4 or 5 times a year and even less once you graduate. enjoy it while you can. "

Stop counting down. Go live life. Carpe Diem.

Hey packermatt7 & btown 13

Thanks for the words of wisdom. But I'm the mom and believe me we are living life. I just thought I would put that out there, the recognition countdown inspired me to add another countdown.

My daughter has never been on this forum, I'm the lurker and from time to time I can't resist a response. I totally get your looking back and thinking you would do things differently and enjoy your senior year without thinking about AFA so much.

We have been down this road before - one cadet at the AFA already so I'm very familar with many things. But you can always learn something new from others experiences.

Honestly, I am pretty scared of that day. I am excited for the academy, but am dreading that day. So if there was one thing to count down to, maybe Acceptance day, or something more exciting.

Later,

Brian

lol, Thats better! Although that is a long ways out. A lot has to happen between now and then.

Later,

Brian

If you make it that far, 2014.

YES! I finally got to say it.

lol, I knew someone was going to say that sooner or later. Thanks Matt, that really makes me feel better.

Later,

Brian

Honestly, I didn't think I-day was that bad.
I had said my goodbyes the day before, had a good dinner, etc.
Most of I-day is standing in line. If you don't let cadre yelling get to you, it is not that bad.

Yes, you will be nervous (I was too). Don't worry about it too much. Basics' brains turn to mush for the first couple days. They all want to do things right, but they have no idea what "right" is. It took me a 5 minute speech to get them to take out a bar-coded sticker and place it on the tag of their duffel bag!
(You never know how hard it is to give directions, until you realize you cannot assume the other person will do anything logically, lol.)

Now, day 2 sucked!

Back