Does USAFA give credit for AP Tests?

mckenyan

5-Year Member
Howdy everybody, I am a current high school senior heading to the air force academy next year and I had a question regarding AP tests. I have already passed 5 AP tests, and it would be nice to get some credit for these. My question is whether or not I should take more AP tests this year. I am in 4 AP classes and I am pretty confident that I would pass all of the tests, but I don't know if the academy grants credit for AP tests. My dad is an '87 grad and he said that he got credit for some AP tests but one of my buddies (also headed to AFA next year) told me that they don't give any credit. Do they give you credit for AP tests? If not then there is really no reason to pay $86 per test if they won't count for anything next year.

Do you have your appointment already? If so, you should be getting the next packet of stuff soon (my son got it yesterday). It has a section on AP tests and what ones they give credit for, what scores you need, etc., but I believe they all say something like "AP Statistics - need a 4 or a 5, in conjuction with placement testing" so it sounded like to needed to still do well on their tests too. If you have questions about a specific class, I can look in the packet for you while you wait for yours!

Back