Data Collection

bsa07eagle

10-Year Member
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the paperwork that most of the current appointees recently received. I have read over it all and I think I understand what needs to be done, but I always thought that there was some kind of online data collection for all this stuff, but it is all "paperwork." If you go to this admissions site:

https://admissions.usafa.edu/

you will see the data collection from last year (that is still disabled). What will we be doing with that part? Also, one other question. I had heard a lot about having to do something with your local police station. I may have not read deep enough into the instructions, but I didn't see anything about such a thing (even in the security clearance).

Thank you,

Brian

If I remember correctly the online stuff is is mostly address and contact type info, and who you want to release information to. There is nothing to do at the police station. I think USNA appointees get their background check done there. Perhaps you remember reading from there???

Ahh, yes. That is probably where I heard that from. Thanks for the info.

Later,

Brian

Brian - I hadn't heard of that part before - interesting! I also couldn't find anything in there on needing anything from the police station. The question I had was regarding the medical records - it mentions what to do for Active Duty, and then the next section is if you are a current Military dependent or civilian. Does that mean for your normal HS student? Confused because it then says to leave your records at your previous base and bring a copy if you want?! :confused: If my son is just a normal civilian, does he need any kind of medical records? Also, we're working on the immunizations but the doctor's office seemed to have no clue of what I was talking about when I mentioned the adult dose of polio - kept insisting he could get a "combination" vaccine, which I know isn't right. Supposed to call me back tomorrow!

Also, we're working on the immunizations but the doctor's office seemed to have no clue of what I was talking about when I mentioned the adult dose of polio - kept insisting he could get a "combination" vaccine, which I know isn't right. Supposed to call me back tomorrow!

i went in and got 5 shots expecting just the polio dose (apparently my doctor was not too keen on giving me shots when i was younger)...however, on my immunization records i received 5 polio shots years ago, and the 6th spot was blank for the adult dose. hope that helps.

i went in and got 5 shots expecting just the polio dose (apparently my doctor was not too keen on giving me shots when i was younger)...however, on my immunization records i received 5 polio shots years ago, and the 6th spot was blank for the adult dose. hope that helps.

Were you able to receive that adult dose? My son has also had the 5 polio vaccines (his were oral, not shots, although I'm sure he doesn't remember that! :wink: ), but the form makes it pretty clear that you have to have the adult one. I did online research and it sounds like that one is only given as a shot but I'm not finding people who are knowing what I'm talking about!

Were you able to receive that adult dose? My son has also had the 5 polio vaccines (his were oral, not shots, although I'm sure he doesn't remember that! :wink: ), but the form makes it pretty clear that you have to have the adult one. I did online research and it sounds like that one is only given as a shot but I'm not finding people who are knowing what I'm talking about!

yeah, mine was the adult dose, i just walked up to the counter with the paperwork and the receptionist knew what i was talking about. they recommend the shots now, and don't give the oral treatment. good luck!

Adult shot for Polio

What shots do appointees receive on I-Day, at the academy?

Last edited:
Whatever the academy thinks you need. Eg. if your records are incomplete/missing, your arms could be in a world of hurt on I-day.

+1. Have all the immunizations complete if possible and carry a copy of the form on you on I-day so you can bypass that line.

yeah, mine was the adult dose, i just walked up to the counter with the paperwork and the receptionist knew what i was talking about. they recommend the shots now, and don't give the oral treatment. good luck!

Doctor's office called me back today and insisted there was no such thing as an adult dose - that the adult dose was simply getting another booster shot for it - the same as they would give a kid. Does this seem like the wrong information? I'm going to call the health department tomorrow and see if I get a different answer! :confused:

Doctor's office called me back today and insisted there was no such thing as an adult dose - that the adult dose was simply getting another booster shot for it - the same as they would give a kid. Does this seem like the wrong information? I'm going to call the health department tomorrow and see if I get a different answer! :confused:

i'm pretty sure that this is okay...they just boxed in the 6th box on my immunization record, so it may or may not be the same dosage. sorry i'm not more informed, i just let them use my arms as pincushions no questions asked :thumb:

Just updating in case anyone else has this same question. Health department told me the same thing - there is no difference between a child and adult dose - it's the same dose, but for the military (or travel to high risk areas) as an adult, just given one more time as a booster.

Daughter got her shots today and our pediatrican said the same thing, no adult shot. She got that and two others. Her arm is already getting sore from the tetnus booster. She's not a happy camper. I told her better now than during BCT.

Fully agree! My son got that one in 2008 so as far as I can tell, he shouldn't need that one but will also need the TB Tine and Hep A. Even one shot makes my arm sore, so might as well get all of them now. Who thinks they'll be getting a swine flu shot? I'm surprised that wasn't on there at all since my son got one in December, and I'd like to have them know that. Wonder if they'll give them to everyone on I day, later, or not at all?

Fully agree! My son got that one in 2008 so as far as I can tell, he shouldn't need that one but will also need the TB Tine and Hep A. Even one shot makes my arm sore, so might as well get all of them now. Who thinks they'll be getting a swine flu shot? I'm surprised that wasn't on there at all since my son got one in December, and I'd like to have them know that. Wonder if they'll give them to everyone on I day, later, or not at all?

We got our swine flu shot several months back so who knows what they'll do with 2014.

Back