so...

urbonman6

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I got the call from my congressman that I received an appointment, but I have yet to receive the BFE. can anyone tell me when I can expect it to come? and my online status hasn't changed to appointee so I can't register for orientation yet.

My son rec'd his phone call last Thursday from our MOC. Online status still has not changed. I did call the academy yesterday, and found out you can not register officially until online status changes. The person I talked to said she thought they had the computer set to "switch over" 7 days after the official appointment, but she said you could make travel plans to attend now if you wanted since flights will only go up. She also said that sessions are open to however many people want to register for a specific date, they do not fill up at a certain point. Here is a link to the flyer that gives the specifics and a schedule. I got this online, but haven't rec'd anything in the mail yet. Also, in looking for hotel rooms, there are some listed that give academy prices. I booked the Best Western Academy Hotel that is near the gate, and got a rate of $79 which I was happy with. Hope this helps! Also, be sure to sign up on another thread for the dinner on Sunday night, where we all get to meet each other!!

http://www.usafa.edu/superintendent/cma/AppointeeOrientation2010Web.pdf

Congrats on the Appoinment!!

Congrats on the appointment!!

It took about a week and a half for my son's BFE to arrive.

thanks

Thank you for the helpful info.
hope to see you there.

Last time I checked the 12-13 orientation has about 50 people registered for dinner on the 11th. I hope Brian told OG to build a second wing. :biggrin:

Back