Meeting with ALO Today

CadetsMom

5-Year Member
My son met with his ALO over lunch today. His ALO said that he couldn’t tell him for sure if he had an Appointment or not.

However, he was able to show him his “score” (the rating system the USAFA apparently uses to rank its potential Appointees) and stated that it was the best of the applicants from his school. He also said that a boy who had graduated from his school last year had received an appointment with a similar score. (But… since each class is compared only to the rest of the applicants in that particular class, I don’t think we can assume it’s a definite indicator of what the Class of 2014 score requirements are.)

The ALO told him that 60% of the Appointments are out – 40% to go – so to keep his chin up.

Did your ALO mean 60% of the appointments have been mailed out and 40% are yet to be mailed or... 60% of the decisions have been made, and there's 40% of the class yet to be filled?

My son met with his ALO over lunch today. His ALO said that he couldn’t tell him for sure if he had an Appointment or not.

However, he was able to show him his “score” (the rating system the USAFA apparently uses to rank its potential Appointees) and stated that it was the best of the applicants from his school. He also said that a boy who had graduated from his school last year had received an appointment with a similar score. (But… since each class is compared only to the rest of the applicants in that particular class, I don’t think we can assume it’s a definite indicator of what the Class of 2014 score requirements are.)

The ALO told him that 60% of the Appointments are out – 40% to go – so to keep his chin up.

I'm surprised he showed him his score...I'm assuming you mean the WCS: weighted composite score.

Not something we normally show...not forbidden, but sorta useless to the candidate.

Do you remember what it was?

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

Back