Application Website Updating

SouthernFalcon

Class of 2015
5-Year Member
The staffer at the office if my Senator that nominated me said they submitted their nominations to the Academy today. How long will it be before the online app status updates? Also, how long will it be before they change my LOA to an appointment since the only thing I was missing was a nomination? Thanks y'all! :)

Assuming you received a nomination, (Which I feel you did, by the info your wrote), I would say to give until NEXT thursday to ensure your application has been updated with "Nomination Received" type info. They do a lot of processing of paperwork by wednesday, and thursday gets updates. But who knows how far behind they are. I'd wait until next Thursday.

Then, if it hadn't changed by then, I would call your academy counselor, and ask them. Mention that your MOC let you know they submitted their slate 2 weeks ago, and that you had a nomination. Mention your online application hasn't changed yet. Let her confirm/explain your most current stat. THEN, you can ask one of those: "Oh, by the way. Being I had an LOA, will I be receiving the appointment soon, now that I have a nomination?"

On a "Just to confuse the hell out of you" note: It is not uncommon for people to have received an actual appointment (BFE - Big Fat Envelope) in the mail, PRIOR to their online application updating. My son's application was showed COMPLETE and NOMINATION in July of 2007. (He was a fast burner on his application). So, we waited for a while wondering the next step. One day in October 2007, his application changed status to: "APPOINTMENT OFFERED". We hadn't received an envelope, note from MOC or ALO. So, we took a DEEP BREATH and held it for 3 days. A BFE arrived in the mail and he had his official notification. Still nothing from the ALO or MOC. (He didn't need a MOC nomination at that time because he received the appointment with a presidential. But the MOC's know because they were getting ready to start their interviews in another month. And the 2 senators are friends of ours.) But even they hadn't been told yet that my son received an appointment. My son's ALO, who was at the high school football game my son was playing in, didn't know about the appointment until we told her at the game. So you just never know how the notification is going to come.

Hang in there. Best of luck. Sounds like you have you 99.9% appointment. Just relax and breath. Later... Mike....

Assuming you received a nomination, (Which I feel you did, by the info your wrote), I would say to give until NEXT thursday to ensure your application has been updated with "Nomination Received" type info. They do a lot of processing of paperwork by wednesday, and thursday gets updates. But who knows how far behind they are. I'd wait until next Thursday.

Then, if it hadn't changed by then, I would call your academy counselor, and ask them. Mention that your MOC let you know they submitted their slate 2 weeks ago, and that you had a nomination. Mention your online application hasn't changed yet. Let her confirm/explain your most current stat. THEN, you can ask one of those: "Oh, by the way. Being I had an LOA, will I be receiving the appointment soon, now that I have a nomination?"

On a "Just to confuse the hell out of you" note: It is not uncommon for people to have received an actual appointment (BFE - Big Fat Envelope) in the mail, PRIOR to their online application updating. My son's application was showed COMPLETE and NOMINATION in July of 2007. (He was a fast burner on his application). So, we waited for a while wondering the next step. One day in October 2007, his application changed status to: "APPOINTMENT OFFERED". We hadn't received an envelope, note from MOC or ALO. So, we took a DEEP BREATH and held it for 3 days. A BFE arrived in the mail and he had his official notification. Still nothing from the ALO or MOC. (He didn't need a MOC nomination at that time because he received the appointment with a presidential. But the MOC's know because they were getting ready to start their interviews in another month. And the 2 senators are friends of ours.) But even they hadn't been told yet that my son received an appointment. My son's ALO, who was at the high school football game my son was playing in, didn't know about the appointment until we told her at the game. So you just never know how the notification is going to come.

Hang in there. Best of luck. Sounds like you have you 99.9% appointment. Just relax and breath. Later... Mike....

I sent my "BFE" back 2 weeks ago but it still says "Appointment Offered" does it change to "Appointment Accepted"? If so how long, cause I have waited for 2 weeks for it to change. Also will they be sending me any more letters? Thanks, Drew

You can call the counselor and ask her. Yes, it changes to "appointment accepted". (Pretty sure it does, or maybe it changes to "Appointee"). Can't remember. But call the counselor and ask her when you'll see confirmation of your accepting the appointment. FWIW: EVERYTHING that my son had to "Snail-Mail" to the academy, we sent either registered or certified mail. This way we had proof of them receiving it. (They had to sign for it). It's about $4-$5 per envelope sent, but well worth the peace of mind. Best to you. Mike....

Haha, thanks y'all. I'll admit, I hate the waiting. Mostly I just wanted to know a general time frame of how fast the paper work moves so I won't worry when it doesn't show up. Now I'll just start freaking out in two weeks :rolleyes:. Kidding. Thanks again!

Yes, it changes to Appointment Accepted. I thought it said Appointee at some point in time, but I can't remember. For now, just look for Appointment Accepted.

Later,

Brian

I officially hate waiting :p haha. I'm nervous about the appointment thing. Everyone says I'm guarenteed it and really am basically in with both a nomination and a LOA since I wasn't missing anything else. I just wish the online status would update toshow the nomination. I can't help but feel like it's all too good to be true and want some hard proof. Like in the form of a BFE. Haha.

I know it sucks but patience is a virtue. We've all gone through it before. Trust me it's worth the wait. :thumb:

Well, it finally updated to show my nomination today. :D I'm curious, what would be expected for the next change on the website? Thanks!

Back