Congressional Nominations

caullen2233

5-Year Member
I sent in my congressional nomination requests in late October.
I basically provided a cover sheet, a list of activities and honors, and a list of volunteer community involvement/service. Would my congressmen accept this as a request? Or would they discard it because it's not the "official" form?

Each of our MOCs has a different application and process. One interviews, two do not. All had significant essays--one app had 8 separate essays. Our rep required a written request for an application--no calls or emails. Each member is different so there is no way to say for sure.

The only way for you to find out is to contact your MOC(s) and ask them.

How long is it until the academy stops accepting nominations? I believe it states that acceptance into the AFA ends around March 1. But I wasnt sure if that included the nominations.

if you go to MOCs websites, they will usually have a link for service academy nominations. That should tell you everything you need to do in order to be in the running. Many of them have specific deadlines to submit the material. As I recall, my son had to write essays and provide letters of recommendations as well as several other things.

Definitely check their websites because their deadlines vary. For our MOCs, everything had to be in by November 15 or November 5 or September 30--he changed from October 30 during the last week of September and we missed it. I think they have until the end of January to get their nominations in.

Back