Questions about AFA Summer Seminar

navy2016

5-Year Member
I have quite a few questions concerning the AFA SS application (some of the may seem dumb, but I really do not know):

1. Would quiz bowl go under others or an academic achievement ( my school's quiz bowl is called the academic team- all of us are in the top <5 percent of our graduating classes)?

2. Should I include USNA STEM as a "Competitive programs you were selected for "(would that simply be a conflict of interest to AFA)?

3. Which category would peer tutoring go under (civics or other)?

4. AF JROTC ought to go under "other," right?

Just get it on the application

I don't believe the location or heading under which you list your accomplishments is nearly as important as making sure they are simply on the application. Also, there is no conflict with the Navy program at USAFA. (Not as much a problem as calling yourself Navy2016 on the "Air Force" site....ha!) Good luck!!!

I don't believe the location or heading under which you list your accomplishments is nearly as important as making sure they are simply on the application. Also, there is no conflict with the Navy program at USAFA. (Not as much a problem as calling yourself Navy2016 on the "Air Force" site....ha!) Good luck!!!

Thanks!
I noticed a lot of EC's other than sports could have gone under all of the other categories(civic, leadership, or even work/job).

Since it is in bullet form, complete sentences are not needed and phrases that get to the point are better?

It's good practice for when you start doing your MOC applications next year. All 3 of my son's MOC's wanted the information in a different, fill-in-the-headings format, and of course they all used different headings. We had a lot of fun :rolleyes: trying to take his resume and highlight in different colors what would go in the different categories (while trying to keep them all "full-looking"!). And trying to differentiate between "extracurricular activities" and "out of school activities" on the same application!

date?

anyone know the date yet? i've applied and i'm trying to strategically plan my supper activities with CAP around USAFA's summer seminar. OR, anyone know what they were last year, so maybe i can guesstimate, assuming the dates will be about the same...

From the academyadmissions.com website:

•Session "A" 31 May - 4 June, 2011
•Session "B" 6 - 10 June, 2011
•Session "C" 13 - 17 June, 2011

Back