Question?

AHS74

10-Year Member
My daughter recieved her LOA in Oct. And her nominations early Dec.. This is all new to us. How long does it then take to get her official appointment and paperwork. Thanks,this site is great.

Has her status updated online? Maybe she was told she got the Nom, but it wasn’t made official to admissions yet? Just running through some scenarios. You’ll be fine! Congrats on the Appointment!

We're in same boat. LOA in October. Nominations at the end of November and first of December. Status show LOA, both noms. and meets medical standards but still waiting for status to change or BFE.

USAFA is slower than the other SA's to hand out the appointments. But hey, might as well get used to waiting now. Cuz that is how it will be for the next 4 + years. You will always be waiting to hear about something.

As I recall our son received an LOA in late October of last year (for the class of 2014), received his nominations in November and received an appoitment offer in late December. He first noticed his online USAFA application status changed to "appointment offered" before we actually received the appointment in the mail (BFE - big fat envelope) so keep watching for a status change to her online application.

This all happened fairly quickly for us, but I don't know that this is necessarily the case for everyone. My hunch is that the LOA appointment offers probably go out first, but I don't know this for a fact. It just seems logical that they try to resolve the status of their LOA candidates first.

My daughter recieved her LOA in Oct. And her nominations early Dec.. This is all new to us. How long does it then take to get her official appointment and paperwork. Thanks,this site is great.

Last year my son received notification of LOA on Dec 4th. Nom on Dec 5th. BFE on Dec. 26th. Wow what a year.

question

Okay, newbie here!
My DS has an LOA and 2 nominations to the USAFA for the class of 2015. His appointment status shows "Letter of Assurance" and his nominations are listed on his status page.
When should we be looking for the status to change to "Offer of Appointment" and looking for the BFE?
Should he be concerned about doing anything else to make sure that everything is taken care of?
I know patience is a virtue and a necessity, however I just want to make sure that we do not need to do anything else.

thank you for any help and/or advice!

I'd be looking in the mail today

I recall my son's BFE arrived a day or two after Christmas last year. It sounds like you can expect it to arrive anyday. However, none of us are actually on the committee, so we can only give educated guesses.

Divermom, we've been in the same position for almost a month. LOA in October and three nominations the beginning of December. Still waiting to see that Appointment Status change.

Yep. Son had a nom on Nov 24th and a LOA on Dec 1st. Still waiting for status to change from LOA to Appointment and a BFE to arrive in the mail. Hopefully the USAFA will get serious about the back log after the Holidays. :thumb:

I called my son's admission counselor yesterday and she said that the holidays have them a little slow at the AFA but that we should be looking for the BFE in the mail within the next 2 weeks.

Hope that helps those who are waiting patiently!

Good luck to you all and congratulations!!

divermom

Back