Senior class question..

robinhood17

USMA Cadet
5-Year Member
For my high school, we are beginning to register for our senior year classes..and I have a fairly big dilemna.
science/math courses already taken/ enrolled in:
Honors Biology/Chemistry/Geometry/Algebra 2
AP Psychology/Anatomy
IB Math (basically Calc A/B)

My schedule this year:
AP English Lit and Comp
AP anatomy
AP Psychology
IB Music Theory and Comp (year one)
IB Math
Honors Chem (retaking to make up a D :mad:)
First semester I pulled a 4.0 (or a 4.85 weighted) with those courses..

So far, my senior year schedule looks like this:
AP Gov/Civics
AP English Lit and Comp
AP Bio or Chem?????
AP Pysics
AP Calc b/c
IB Music theory and composition

First,how does this look alright? and bio a second year...or chem a third year?(I had to retake a semester..) Thanks a bunch, I have no idea what I would do without this website!!

That's stronger than mine. Can you pull a decent GPA though? Do you have more than just a strong schedule? Are those things that you'll Cary into the academy and pursue a career in?

Those are the questions I asked myself. I took AP Physics and BC Calc, I could have taken AP Lit and what not, but I opted out. Best decision? I don't know. My counselor both at home and at the academy agreed it was good for me though. It's been a balancing act between those and everything else on my plate though. I took it all because I knew what I wanted to do later on in life, specifically physics rather then chem. I wish I would have done both though. However, it got me to where I'm at.

I guess I'm really saying call the academy and ask them what fits you, because in the end that's all that matters.

Hope that helped as sporadic as it was.

That is definitely a strong courseload. As Falcon stated, so long as you can balance it out and still maintain a strong GPA, you should be in a good position.

By the way you should consider taking AP Chem instead of Bio, unless of course you feel weaker in Bio. :smile:

Back