USAFA Falcon prepsters-3 questions

forcefieldm

5-Year Member
Assuming, as some have posted, that USAFA Falcon prepsters have a 99.6% chance of getting an appointment...my questions are:

1. Are Falcon prepsters notified of an appointment at the same time as a group?

(My son is with other Falcon prepsters at his military college and I was wondering if they are notified at the same time as "a group" at that particular military college....OR....if one prepster gets an appointment is that a signal that the other prepsters will hear soon thereafter?)

2. Do Falcon prepsters receive notification of an appointment "early" (say, in February as opposed to March)? If so, when does that usually happen?

3. Do any of you know if any Falcon prepsters have received an appointment?

I am going to speak "Very Generally". When I say that those at the prep school have a pretty much guaranteed shot of an appointment; assuming they don't screw up; I am referring to the USAFA prep school at the air force academy. I have no stats or real understanding of the other "Prep" schools.

As for notification, I believe that the preppies have to go through the same application process as everyone else. Including nominations. So, when they are notified, is going to be similar to everyone else. There will some with LOA's, some with presidentials and early appointments, and some who will be appointed in the March/April timeframe. If a current cadet, who was a preppy, in online and has more accurate information, that would be great. Mike....

Young man we know from church was a prepster at NW Prep and he spent this 2nd semester at local state U. He heard in the March round, same as everyone else. He is now a 3*.

Falcon prepsters are like other candidates they need noms and meet a board so the WCS matters when it comes to apptmts.

There are a ton of prepsters that got apptd to the AFA after that yr.

Remember to get into prep the board only thought academically they needed more time, everything else was considered competitive.

Finally, 3+ yrs on this board and I do not know a prepster who did not get apptd.

My son was a Falcon recipient amd attended NWP in fall 2009. It was a one semester program and he got his appointment in late february 2010. He is currently a C4C at USAFA.

Lots of good questions. Let me try to answer one at a time. I assume you are taling about those preps who are sponsored by ther Falcon Foundation (NMMI is one of five schools used by the Falcon Foundation)

1. Generally they are notified individually but, in the same time period.

2. I have seen sponsored West Point Preps receive appointments in Feb. but "generally" the Falcons are later - March/April. See below.

3. The Falcon Foundation has a new President - Lt Gen Kelley. He is supposed to meet with the USAFA Admissions Board in early Feb. to discuss conditional appointments. As with any organization, a new "boss" may decide to make changes as he/she sees fit. How this will affect the timing of appointments in the future ............ we'll see :confused:.

Back