Question Concerning Classes

Gleason84

5-Year Member
Hi there, everybody.

I am currently enrolled as a Junior in a private high school in Maine. Right now, we're starting a new semester and I just wanted to ask a question concerning my classes.

I have 4 classes this new semester: Honors US History, Functions/Statistics/Trigonometry, AP Language&Compostion, and Accelerated Pre-Calculus.

Now here's the problem: After going through my first day of classes, I have discovered that the F/S/T class is exactly like the Pre-Calc class (The biggest difference is that Pre-Calc covers more because it's accelerated). But, on a sheet that I have, functions, statistics, and trigonometry are all listed as recommended classes to take to become a competitive choice for the academy.

I know that I want to drop F/S/T and want to continue with Pre-Calc (It wouldn't be smart to take both). There really wasn't much else to take second period, but I decided that I wanted to take Husson Sociology (Husson is a local college that offers college level courses at my school).

Now, even though this would be a good choice to make, I wanted to make sure that, on paper, I'm still looking as competitive as possible. Would it be okay if I took Sociology, and would the people reviewing my application know that I have covered functions, statistics, and trig in my pre-calc class?

Thanks Everybody :smile:

I never took a separate stats, functions, trig, etc class. Pre-calc last year, BC Calc this year. Keep your grades up as high as you can and as long as you're not taking Basketweaving 101 and an actually challenging class in place, you should be okay.

what about science? you don't list any science classes.

two most important things are math and science. You would be much better served to replace that math with a science class.

For science classes I have already taken Honors Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab, Physics w/lab and Coastal Ecology. Next year I am planning on taking Husson Anatomy and Physiology (which is a college course)
So am I on the right track with my science?

Back