Senior classes-dropping a period?

robinhood17

USMA Cadet
5-Year Member
So, as I am in the process of enrolling for my next semester...I ran into a problem. I would love to enroll in journalism (as editor), but this class is taken 0 period,or before school. So,to make up for this i was going to drop a class in the afternoon, to keep my classes at 6 periods.
0 period-Journalism
1st-AP English
2nd- AP Physics C
3rd- IB Music/composition
4th-AP Statistics
5th-AP Civics and Government.

Is a shortened day looked down upon? or should i re-enroll in AP Chemistry(third year) for the last (6th) period of the day?
Thanks so much!:smile:

I believe most colleges, including the academy, look down upon a shortened schedule. I'm not sure how this case would look though since you are still taking a class before an actual period. However, I would believe that it would be in your best interest to re-enroll in AP Chemistry for that last block whether or not you decide to take journalism. The academy (and all of the other SA's) prefer science heavy courses as opposed to literature courses. I think AP Chem would make your profile look more competitive than journalism would. However, you mentioned that you would be the editor. This could give you leadership points if you need it. Just what I think.

Derrick

Back