Congressional Nomination and Summer Seminar

Zeke

5-Year Member
My Liaison Officer hasn't replied to my email regarding this, so I'll post it on this forum.

It's a pretty straightforward question... should I start congressional nomination applications before or after the Summer Seminar? I was thinking that it would be good in showing my Congressman and the US representatives that I visited the Academy by the Summer program, but my application might be a little late when sending it after the seminar.

What do you guys think?

Check the website of each MOC (Congressman and 2 Senators - at the U.S. not state level) for the due date for nomination applications. I think that you will find that nomination packets are due sometime next year between September and November depending on the MOC. Therefore you can plan to submit your nomination applications after SS. Also submit for a Vice Presidential nomination as well. . .

Most MOC's application deadlines won't be til Oct/November. Check your dates, but I would submit after. Also, good tip, write down after the week stuff that you enjoyed, had questions on, etc. You can use it to refresh your memory about it and if they bring it up, you can talk about it with more detail

Hi!

ALL excellent responses! :thumb:

Sad to hear your ALO isn't responding...

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

when do nomination packets typically become available?

Check the website of your MOC/Senator. You can usually Google their name and find it. "(Insert name here) service academy nominations" try that in Google :wink:

In my opinion, you should start the congressional nomination packages before the summer seminar. This shows them how eager to wanting a nomination you are, while you also will have the opportunity to update your nomination package at a later time. For this reason, I believe there is no reason to wait.

Back