SAT scores are in! How to become a candidate?

howacupcake

5-Year Member
Hi, my name is Sarah. This past March I had the Sats scores totaled up to 1760. math: 540 crit. reading: 590 today I got my June scores and I got critical reading: 540 math: 580 so with my 590 crit. read.score from march and my math 580 score from june i believe i might be qualify as an candidate to the usafa! ive updated it online but i dont know what to do next. can i begin the bigger process of applying?(paperwork,medrecords,etc)

Hey there Sarah!

Just a sidenote: from the Profile of USAFA Class of 2014 the average SAT scores are 640 and 666 for Reading and Math respectively. Although you'll probably qualify as a candidate with your current scores I HIGHLY advice you to keep re-taking them, alongside the ACT, for a decent chance of an appointment.

ive updated it online
; if you're able to insert your scores by yourself that means you're currently filling out your pre-candidate questionnaire if I'm not mistaken. Go ahead and fill out everything as instructed as thoroughly as possible, then submit it. With any luck over the next couple days/weeks Admissions will see you as a Candidate, from which a whole bunch of online forms will be unlocked on your online Admissions page for you to complete and submit. You'll have to submit your SAT scores to USAFA via the Collegeboard website too once you become an official candidate.

Last edited:
Hey there Sarah!

Just a sidenote: from the Profile of USAFA Class of 2014 the average SAT scores are 640 and 666 for Reading and Math respectively. Although you'll probably qualify as a candidate with your current scores I HIGHLY advice you to keep re-taking them, alongside the ACT, for a decent chance of an appointment.

; if you're able to insert your scores by yourself that means you're currently filling out your pre-candidate questionnaire if I'm not mistaken. Go ahead and fill out everything as instructed as thoroughly as possible, then submit it. With any luck over the next couple days/weeks Admissions will see you as a Candidate, from which a whole bunch of online forms will be unlocked on your online Admissions page for you to complete and submit. You'll have to submit your SAT scores to USAFA via the Collegeboard website too once you become an official candidate.

Thanks Brian! I really appreciate your response! You've answered my question:smile: and yes I will be studying a lot for this next SAT ..im super disappointed with my scores but for success ive got to get back up and try again. thanks !! have a good day

Back