A-Day suggestions

Dad

5-Year Member
I'm flying out to see DS on A-Day. Any suggestions on what to bring him that he can have? Communication has ceased since before JV so I don't know what his squadron is allowed. Any input would be appreciated.

In their rooms they are allowed two personal items that can be visible. They are not allowed any other computers or any other electronics than the one issued to them, including Ipods. That being said, they love to get new underwear:smile:. There are many items, use your creativity, and your knowledge of your son to guide you. I will check the AOG site, there are some lists there that I can copy from years past.

I'd have to agree with the underwear! Those issued tighty whities are not comfortable by any means, and most pair are stained jacks valley dirt red by the time you're done with them... tagging on to what was said earlier, they really aren't allowed anything, and i would hold off on the the big stuff until parents weekend, when they have a better idea of what their squadron will allow... plus your time is limited on A-day, so i would just spend time with your basic, bring him some good food :)

If you're a member of the AOG (for Webguy), if you haven't checked them out yet, the forums on the Webguy page have lots of recommendations for things to bring. Things like snacks to keep in their rooms (with a plastic container to store it all), basic First Aid stuff like Bandaids and antiobiotic cream, a small sewing kit to replace wayward uniform buttons, a small alarm clock (w/o radio though), a lint roller and Tide stain stick for uniform touchups, etc. plus of course the all-important new underwear! I'm taking some stuff but mailing some things in a package so I don't have to carry it all on the plane. Plus I have time after my plane lands Tuesday to go to the store, so if all works out well, I'll get an e-mail from my son with a few things he has come up with or things to skip because his squadron won't allow it. At least that's how we've discussed it in letters--we'll see if he has time to even e-mail!

Back