Sports question

Jap468

5-Year Member
My school doesn't offer any athletic teams or anything of that sort just P.E. since it is very new. So I was wondering if I joined a club that revolves around sports such as marathon club would that give me an equivalent opportunity for an admission to the academy.

There's a lot of schools that don't offer a comprehensive sports program. There's a lot of home schooled kids that also apply to the academies. Even if your school doesn't offer sports, you still have the opportunity to play sports. You have city leagues, YMCA leagues, etc... Just about every community has these opportunities. Don't spend your efforts trying to explain to an ALO or admissions why you didn't do any sports. Spend your efforts getting involved with some local community athletic events. They are out there. It doesn't have to be strictly high school sports. On the same note, it needs to be organized and competitive. I.e. I wouldn't consider a saturday church league softball team of the caliber the academy is looking for.

Thank you for the insight into this matter.
Also do you know a way in searching for these community organizations I have had no luck as of yet.

You don't have a local "Parks and Rec", "YMCA", etc...? What town do you live in. I can do a quick "Google search", e.g. "youth athletic activities Dayton Ohio".

Ahhh I found a non profit competitive team thank you for your assistance.

Our kids didn't attend school but were involved in all kinds of sports, competitive and recreational. Find a long distance bike club, karate, pony league baseball... or, dare I suggest, fencing? Just make sure you're interested for the long term and able to maintain some good fitness levels. Most Y's have weight lifting "teams" which might be a good place to start.

Back