Applying for Transfer

AlanX2033

5-Year Member
Hello!

I currently go to college in a different state (MI) than my permanent address (OH) and I'd like to apply to the Air Force Academy this year.

I'd like to ask a couple questions as I could not find the answers on the "academyadmissions.com" site:

1. Do I contact an LOA from Ohio (permanent address) or Michigan (my college location)?
2. Do I apply for a senator nomination from Ohio or Michigan?
3. What about the representative nomination?
  • If I need to apply to a MI rep, would it be from the district in which my college is located?
4. In addition to my High School Transcripts, would I need to turn in a College Transcript?
5. For Teacher Letters or Recommendation, should I have my High School teachers fill them out? As In college, the professors barely know the students due to the enormity of the lecture classes and thus I feel many will resent the idea of filling out a recommendation letter when they do not know the student well enough.

I thank you for all of your help!

Sincerely,
Alan

It's ALO, and where u go to school doesn't matter. Unless you legally change residency like taxes, voting, etc... So everything is for him. ALO, congressman, etc... Nothing changes because u go to school in another state. Only difficulty is arranging interviews. Good luck. Mike.

Back