CFA at 8600 feet

skydivingkittens

NWP '12
5-Year Member
Hello there, I am soon going to be taking my CFA and had a question... do they take into the account the test taking location? Because I live at 8600 feet and doing the mile here could hurt my time... at sea level I have a 5:49 mile, 16 pullup max and can't remember my pushups but they are 60+

Thanks.

I believe they don't take that into account. But of course, you should always remember that the PFT's that we're going to do at BEAST is at 8600+ feet high. Work on those miles! I went to summer seminar, and it was HORRIBLE for me because I live by the beach so I wasn't used to that altitude.

I believe they don't take that into account. But of course, you should always remember that the PFT's that we're going to do at BEAST is at 8600+ feet high. Work on those miles! I went to summer seminar, and it was HORRIBLE for me because I live by the beach so I wasn't used to that altitude.

I hope you realize the TZO is only at 7258 feet, the Academy is NOT at 8600+ feet.....

Well, the lesson here should be, if you are from New Orleans, don't go on vacation and take the PFA on top of Mount McKinley! :rolleyes:

If you live some place, you are adjusted to that altitude pretty well. It is only when you change significantly that you'll notice a difference.

If you get the nom and appointment, you should rock the AFT since you'll be at significantly lower altitude. In the meantime, you should be fully acclimated to your current elevation. Why would you feel entitled to any consideration? I'm not sure I'm getting that.

Back