Thanks & prepare for plan B!

Greyhairedmom

5-Year Member
I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. Last year at this time, we were navigating through the applications, interviews, nominations and didn't know anyone going through the process. The minute I found this site, it became an addiction. As a mom, I was able to read about everyone else who was going through the same journey and I was so grateful. You didn't know it but you all helped us hang in there. To make a long story short, my son did get a nomination and then got the "qualified but no vacancy letter" and it was painful. Luckily, we had tried to be very realistic about his chances of getting in and had a solid "plan B" school in place. If I can pass on one piece of advice to you who are now beginning the anxiety filled months of waiting, it is to use this time to research and apply to "plan B" colleges. My son has been away 6 weeks now and has decided not to re-apply. He moved to college not knowing a soul and has found that this is where he wants to be and a year ago, he could not have pictured himself anywhere but the AFA. Best wishes to all of you applying and thank you to all the people that share their expertise on this site!

Agree completely. We kept plan B in place until A-day and only then withdrew from the other school and returned the scholarships. Had something happened during basic, however, he had another top engineering school lined up.

Back