Official USAFA Class of 2016 Appointment thread

Bump! As it appears appointments are starting to roll out. Yay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. kdc246 (DS)-CA-7, Presidential - 28 OCT 2011
2. Texasrocks (DD) Tx-3, Hon. Sam Johnson 24 Dec 2011(joining DS RTB 2014)

Official USAFA Class of 2016 Appointment threa

Where are you hearing that appointments are being offered?

Where are you hearing that appointments are being offered?

There are a number of ways that candidates are informed that they have an appointment:
  1. Recruited athletes may be contacted by their USAFA coach.
  2. MOCs often call the appointee from their district.
  3. AD military may be informed by their commanding officer.
  4. Occasionally a candidate will see their status change on the Application Portal to "Appointment Offered".
  5. All appointees will receive a BFE (Big Fat Envelope) in the mail. Frequently this is the first that a candidate hears of their appointment.

Our DS spoke with his region counselor today and it was confirmed that he has a principal nomination from his MOC on file. He also inquired if any appointments with principal noms would be offered before March and was told that except for recruited athletes, notification will be in March. DS's ALO also told him that he would not be surprised if they give him an appointment using his presidential nom to free up slot in Colorado.

Our DS spoke with his region counselor today and it was confirmed that he has a principal nomination from his MOC on file. He also inquired if any appointments with principal noms would be offered before March and was told that except for recruited athletes, notification will be in March. DS's ALO also told him that he would not be surprised if they give him an appointment using his presidential nom to free up slot in Colorado.

Awesome news !

:jump1::jump1::jump1:

WOOO HOOO!!!! Congrats to your son!

:bounce1::bounce1:

Best :biggrin:

BFE just arrived:thumb:

My DD's has not received the BFE yet, but the online application states "appointment offered." There is a link to the "Instructions to Appointees." Seems pretty official now! However, that old adage, "be careful what you wish for..." keeps creeping into my thoughts.

My DD's has not received the BFE yet, but the online application states "appointment offered." There is a link to the "Instructions to Appointees." Seems pretty official now! However, that old adage, "be careful what you wish for..." keeps creeping into my thoughts.

BobBigBoy and Texasrocks: Are both Recruited Athletes?

I think the mail from AFA to TX is probably a day or so faster than to CA should be tomorrow or Monday for you. Let them enjoy it now cause the moment they step on the bus things will be um ...not be quite so comfortable (until parents weeks)

Congratulations to you both! Hopefully our DS will be joining you in June!

yes soccer and swimming

Thanks for the input. DD is a swimmer but hurt her shoulder this fall and had to have surgery so the best she is hoping for is to get an appointment and then maybe walk on. Her times from last year are comparable with the slower times on the AFA and USNA teams.

1. kdc246 (DS)-CA-7, Presidential - 28 OCT 2011
2. Texasrocks (DD) Tx-3, Hon. Sam Johnson 24 Dec 2011(joining DS RTB 2014)
3. usafamomma (DD) CA-4, Honorable Tom McClintock, 21 Jan 2012:thumb:

mom in fl: I believe that LOAs and appointments for this year so far were offered to recruited athletes only because USAFA does not want to offer them appointments later on and lose the recruited athletes to other schools that they might also apply to. Therefore, recruited athletes are the only ones that are notified of their appointments whilst the rest of us will find out in March. Such a long wait, though! Hopefully, the time will fly!

Back