AFA Summer sessions for current cadets

AFAYahoo

5-Year Member
I have a question about summer sessions that hopefully a C3C or above can answer. I'm trying to coordinate flights/family vacation plans including my C4C. He has leave during the 2nd session (I know all is tentative). The official calendar says 1st summer session ends AND 2nd summer session begins on Saturday June 23. Will he be allowed to fly home late Friday night or does he have to wait until Saturday? I was hoping to leave for our family vaca that Saturday. And on the back end, his leave ends and the 3rd session begins Saturday July 14. Does he have to be back at the AFA that day by a certain time like they do on holiday breaks?

Thanks for any help--he has no clue as the 4th degrees are too busy to think about anything but Recognition prep (meaning fun training sessions etc!). :rolleyes:

I know that for the returning Saturday, while program dependent he will probably have to be back by 0900 or 1000, although some programs are as late as 1400. As far as departing, that also depends on the program he is doing.

I may be able to provide some more guesses with his summer schedule, but that is all they will be because it does change a bit from year to year.

- An excited C1C (75 days!)

Thanks USAFA10s, he is taking survival training (whatever they are calling it now--it sounds like its changed somewhat) 1st session, then leave, then Jump 3rd session.

And how exciting for you to be 75 days away from graduation! Good luck to you in whatever you will be doing after the Academy!

Yes, the have changed that first program significantly. It is likely he would be able to leave on Friday but I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. As far as returning, that was not one of the late ones when I took it but I can try and ask someone in charge of jump this summer to see if they have more information

Back