A Good/Competitive Back-Up Plan?

m1ndfr34k117

m1ndfr34k117
5-Year Member
If I don't get accepted to the USAFA, I'll probably end up going to Purdue due to finances. They have an Air Force ROTC unit (I'm hoping to get a scholarship!) and I'll do everything I can in it, in regards to ECs. I'll probably have to have a job as well and I'm going to look into joining a club that specializes in community service.

I'm hoping that with my high school record and then college record, I'll look competitive (and have more time to prepare) for the USAFA if I don't get in the first time. Is Purdue a good school in the eyes of the USAFA? Is AF ROTC a descent source of athletic participation in addition to my high school sports of football and track?

Thanks in advance and if you need any more information, as I realize this post is brief, just let me know and I'd be happy to accommodate! :)

I' m not exactly sure how Purdue is specifically but my back up plan is very similar to yours except with Penn State University. I am applying to USAFA this year and so far I have recieved an ROTC scholarship to Penn State. The fact that I have such a good alternative is making the wait for my decsion from the academy so much easier, I highly recomend it. But, if I end up going to Penn State i will most likely stay there all four years and not try to get into the USAFA again. But, if you are dead set on the Academy there is also the prep-school which would be the best way to ensure yourself an spot the next year. Of course the prep-school is also difficult to get into, but its a little easier than the academy.

Back