Arrival Time for Summer Seminar

Bill1899

5-Year Member
The Summer Seminar paper work indicates that we can arrive anywhere between 9:30am and 2:30pm on the first day. I am just curious about what the early arrivals do for the first part of the day until the rest of the group gets there. Also, are they going to work us hard the first day - any need to come in the day before to get acclimated to the altitude?

Thanks

Not sure what the early arrivals do as my son wasn't one when he attended. But relatively speaking, I don't think they work you hard the first day. One day wouldn't be enough to acclimate anyway. Its a longer process. When there, you'll get a water bottle and be expected to use it. Follow that advice, as hydrating helps with the adjusting to the altitude.

they will not work you hard the first day, last year when I went the first day was just to relax and getting to know your way around the Academy. However the 2nd day you better get ready...

Yeah, the first day of SS is very relaxed. You meet your Cadet leader and the rest of your "element" which is a group of 8 students that you are a part of. Then you get lunch, take a short tour of the Academy and go in for a briefing about the do's and don'ts.

Last year I was the last person in my element to arrive and by the time I got processed in they were waiting for me. They had spent time unpacking, learning knowledge for the next day, and I think the earliest arrivals went outside and played frisbee or soccer. I dont think it matters too much when you get there. I would choose earlier if I did it again and there were two options, same price, equally convient, but if there aren't it is not that big of a deal. Have fun!!!:smile:

Back