The news came yesterday...

Man2112

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
So yesterday i received my letter from AF saying that i will not be a part of the class of 2016....So it looks like I will be off to Annapolis in June! Looks like I am entering a whole new ball game here guys; four years of AFJROTC habit is gonna' take a little while to break...so wish me luck guys!

You'll love the USN -- unless you consider it a 2nd choice. Seriously.

Embrace a wonderful future! And I would say the same for a USNA candidate who was going USAFA/USAF.

You are attending a great school and will be an officer in a great service. Each military service is fantastic in its own way. You are very fortunate to have the opportunity to attend a SA and you're headed to a great one!!

I completely agree with my USNA counterpart!! :thumb:

This is a superb opportunity!! And you should completely embrace it! And no, the AF JrROTC lessons will NOT be "wasted" at all! Your knowledge of military discipline, obedience to orders, etc., will be VERY valuable!!

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

Not that I dislike West Point in anyway shape or form, but I feel like I would be just as happy at either USAFA or USNA. Even West Point, its the journey (that is very similar at all academies) that shapes you. In the end if you still want USAF then you can apply to cross commission.

Not that I dislike West Point in anyway shape or form, but I feel like I would be just as happy at either USAFA or USNA. Even West Point, its the journey (that is very similar at all academies) that shapes you. In the end if you still want USAF then you can apply to cross commission.

I've read that cross commissioning is VERY hard, but possible.

Thats how I understand the process to be. I've heard that it is easy to cross commission into a "more active branch" if you will. I know a USAFA senior that will be graduating next month that is already approved to cross commission into the Marine Corps. I'm not completely sure on the entire process, so don't take my word as doctrine.

USAFA Class of 2016 Appointee

Thats how I understand the process to be. I've heard that it is easy to cross commission into a "more active branch" if you will. I know a USAFA senior that will be graduating next month that is already approved to cross commission into the Marine Corps. I'm not completely sure on the entire process, so don't take my word as doctrine.

USAFA Class of 2016 Appointee

From what I know, both branches must approve, and you also must have someone in the other branch willing to CC.

The news came yesterday....

Man2112

This one hell of a great achievement for you. Your are making a great sacrifice, by wanting become an officer in the greatest military and country in the world the United States of America. You have achieved something that a lot of student your age only dream of. My hat is off to you. And for this I say thank you for your commitment and dedication and service to our country.

God Bless and God Speed,

RGK

I completely agree with my USNA counterpart!! :thumb:

This is a superb opportunity!! And you should completely embrace it! And no, the AF JrROTC lessons will NOT be "wasted" at all! Your knowledge of military discipline, obedience to orders, etc., will be VERY valuable!!

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83
Thanks Col.! I do not think that they will be wasted..ROTC has been the thing that I have loved the most in high school, and I am not sure what I would have done without it..I just need to transition those skills now :smile: .

Congratulations on USNA

I am very happy for your news, in spite of the fact that you did not get the appointment to USAFA. I am sure you will be happy there. My son wanted USNA first, and then later shifted his thinking to USAFA. He was admitted to USAFA and not to USNA. He is grateful and so are we thankful. We believe this is where the Lord wants him to be. The best of wishes to you at USNA.
Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!

Back