Applying for Nominations

TitoRocket

5-Year Member
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the timing of applying for nominations affected the likelihood of being nominated. I have a lot of stuff planned for this summer, including SATs and ACTs, as well as various volunteer projects. Is it better to wait to send out the application, or would applying quickly and as soon as possible be a better option?

Thanks everyone!

It shouldn't. Most congressmen (or rather their staff) don't look at the applications until after their deadline. For example, if a senator has a deadline to apply for a nomination of October 1st, most will not look through the apps until after October 1st.

I sent most of my applications in the day they were due and got every one that I applied for (my representative and both senators) so I don't think that it mattered too much in my case. However, make sure you stay on top of things. I remember cramming to finish essays and everything, which wasn't fun.

I apologize for jumping off track so soon but I just had a quick question for anyone that knows the answer - Is the nomination process for Falcon Foundation scholarship recipients any different? Thanks

I apologize for jumping off track so soon but I just had a quick question for anyone that knows the answer - Is the nomination process for Falcon Foundation scholarship recipients any different? Thanks

You will still need to pursue all nominations and the application process is exactly the same. The difference comes into play at interview time. You will not be allowed to go home for interviews, they will be by phone or they will send the Durbecks interview questions. Mr. Durbeck will interview you and it will be recorded and mailed to your MOC. Make sure you have someone at home monitoring your mail as it will be your responsibility to contact them once you are selected for an interview to make the alternative arrangements.

Good luck at NWP and work hard! Best experience of DS's life :thumb:

Back