graduation week

Christcorp

15-Year Member
Been an emotional week. Parades, seeing seniors separating from the rest of the squadron. Seeing young men and women who we have come to know personally ready to graduate, commissioning ceremony, and now graduation tomorrow morning. I'm so proud as a parent and so impressed by these young peoples accomplshments. Please, all you wanting an academy and military life, if u work hard and stay focused, it is well worth it. I have 5 cadets, 2lt, who r going on to great things. 1 going to med school. 1 going to a PhD program. 1 going to grad school for a masters, and 2 going to flight school. If u work hard and r willing to put in the effort, the military can be a fantastic life. Best of luck to all of u, and especially to our new 2lt. Mike

Congratulations Christcorp!
Please pass along congratulations to your son (and your other 2Lts) and thank them for their willingness to serve our great nation.

Where is your son going?

Enjoy the moment today and please share with the rest of us all of the happenings.

Mike,

Congrat's to CC Jr.! Man, the time on here we spent counseling these young men and women (and their parents) about life in the military has FLOWN by!

Our DS's pin-on is this Saturday, where he's getting that VERY rare privilege of seeing his Old Man back in uniform to swear him in. (I hope a button doesn't pop off in the middle of the Oath and take out an eye! :eek:)

Him? Nervous and excited. Me? Hoping I don't break down in tears from pride in the middle of the Oath.:redface:

A toast to our sons (made with Jeremiah Weed, of course! :thumb:):

To the next generation of America's Airmen; standing tall and proud, soaring high,following in our footsteps and in the paths of Giants, ready to answer as our Nation calls; ready to fly, fight, and win in the defense of freedom. Tremble in fear, those who would ever threaten those freedoms -- our sons stand ready; live in comfort and free from those fears, America -- our sons stand ready.

For our sons have heard the scramble klaxon, the roar of the engine, the call of "bandits, 12 O'Clock high!", and they have answered the call. They go to slip the surly bonds, and their fathers did, and we who lived the life before and were among those who have also reached out and touched the face of God.... Well, we couldn't be prouder...:thumb:

Graduation TV Coverage?

Is todays graduation ceremony available online? Any details would be appreciated. Congrats to 2012.

Congratulations Mike and to all other parents!

Congratulations to all of the newly commissioned officers and graduates!
Now that you have completed four of the most challenging years of your lives, you are about to embark on new journeys as officers. I can imagine the pride that the graduates must feel as well as all of the members of their families. It is an honor and a privilege to know the caliber of officers that graduate each year from this remarkable institution. It makes us all proud to be Americans! I know that we are proud that our son will soon (in four weeks) be joining young men and women at the USAFA to begin their own journeys toward their future of learning to become future officers of the United States Air Force. I am proud to be the mom of an incoming future cadet- class of 2016. Thank you all for your examples and your information and your support.
May God bless your sons and daughters, and your families as your 2LT's embark on their newest adventures!
batmom:thumb:

Mike,

Give the new 2Lt my HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumb:

I've enjoyed meeting him at "Thudgate" and can't wait for your posts about how he's doing as a new "butter bar!"

And yes, that means WE "expect" to see you remain here as a source of great information, inspiration, and "morale" for the "next" generation! Plus...you might get the LT to drop in from time to time to tell "the rest of the story" once he's in "the real Air Force!"
(As you know well, he's been in it for 4 years, he just doesn't know that yet!) :eek:

Try, really TRY, not to tear up when he raises his hand and takes the oath of commissioning... :biggrin:

And my congratulations to MOM and DAD... :jump1:

Ya done GOOD! :beer1:

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

A question about pinning the Butterbars and putting on the shoulder insignias. Did you have to serve as an officer in order to do that? My son has mentioned that he has been thinking of one of his HS football coaches and me doing those honors when it is his time to graduate (2 years and it flies). Both of us were enlisted Marines (brothers in the worlds greatest fighting force), would he be able to pick either or both of us to do this?

BTW, I congratulate each and every young man and woman that is graduating this morning. I also thank their parents for giving this country such fine young people to serve us in our time of need. God Bless all of you.

Congratulations Mike, thanks for all that you have done.

God Bless and God Speed to you and your family,

RGK

A heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to all the new 2nd Lieutenants and their parents. Job well done!! We can all watch the graduation streaming live online at: www.pentagonchannel.mil beginning at 12:00 EDT.

Thank u all so much. Sitting here waiting for the.ceremony to start.

For the questions asked. 1. My son is first going to RAND for 3 yeara and getting his PhD. Then he goes to pilot training.

Anyone can pin the new rank on him.

Thanks again all. Mile.

Thank u all so much. Sitting here waiting for the.ceremony to start.

For the questions asked. 1. My son is first going to RAND for 3 yeara and getting his PhD. Then he goes to pilot training.

Anyone can pin the new rank on him.

Thanks again all. Mile.

Thanks for the answer CC. You should be very proud, it sounds like you have a very special son.

Congrats!

Congratulations, Christcorp, and to all the new 2LTs and their parents as well. Thank you for serving our Nation!
:usa:

Pentagon Channel says it will rebroadcast the ceremony in its entirety this Saturday 5/26, at noon ET.

I enjoyed commissioning a cadet, now lt, last night and enjoyed graduation down in the front rows of the bleachers today! Great speech by the president and awesome air show as usual.

Just got home. Nice only living 2 hours away. Boy r we tired. I will regroup and get back into posting in a day or two. And yes Steve, I will be staying on the forum. As an ALO, I still like to post. And I still keep season football tickets, so thudgate is still there. Thx all. Mike

Back