Potential Weather/Travel Issue?

ParkMom

5-Year Member
Morning all (or whatever time of day it is for you:smile:)

Best laid plans and all that, but we have to make a flight change for our DS because of a scheduling snafu. He is now looking at arriving to Colorado Springs on Wednesday and I'm looking at flight schedules. The majority of our options take him through either Houston or Atlanta. With the potential of a tropical system developing in the Gulf of Mexico, there is a possibility if the storm moves west or northwest, either airport could be affected.

Trying my best to 'be prepared', what contacts, numbers, etc, should DS have with him in the event he is stranded in an airport through I-Day? Is there a procedure he should follow?

Thanks in advance! Where would I be without all you guys?

Wow! I didn't even think to ask this question. My son will be flying out of Dulles in Washington DC.

I wonder who he would contact if he did get stranded. Yikes! I am going to have him contact his ALO to find out. Stay tuned.

For those on a government ticket there is a phone number with the paperwork that is an emergency travel contact number should there be problems with their flight.

But you should also take AFA contact numbers should there be an issue and you not get out.

BUT -- guaranteed you won't be the only one stuck. Virtually entire flight from DFW to COS was AFA appointees that Wednesday -- so the airlines will do their utmost to get the kids to COS in time to report.

It is 100+ degrees in Denver and surrounding areas today. Unusually high temperatures predicted for Sunday also. Cadre for Beast are in meetings this weekend -- they will be taught precautions re heat, altitude, need to hydrate, etc. Educate your Basic about the need to drink lots of fluids at altitude and in this heat -- Colorado heat is very dry -- not humid. Cadre will be prepared for the current conditions.

Thanks for the answers all, but in the time it takes me to spend the day away from the computer, changes change again. We made the decision to spend a little more on the fees (DS and hubby are traveling together on tickets we purchased) and route them through Minneapolis. Haven't checked the tropics again, have my fingers crossed this will be nothing more than a bunch of rain. I know alot of the flights route through DFW or Houston, hoping for the best.

Back