Thudgate: Falcons vs Nicholls State

Christcorp

15-Year Member
OK; for all you new cadets C4C's, who aren't familiar with Falcon Football, "It's A BIG THING". As such, there are many tail-gates at each game. And the opening game is during paren't weekend. Saturday, the 5th. Now; I know you will all be there; "Duh, it's mandatory". And after your initial squadron get together at your designated picnic area in the stadium parking area, you will be free to wander around with your family, until prior to game time where you'll have to form up again to enter the stadium.

Anyway; the largest (And Best) tail gate at the stadium is called "Thudgate". And all of you who I've been chatting with for some time now, I expect to see you stop by and say hi. There will be plenty of food and drink. Just bring your bods. Including any C3C, C2C, or C1C. Also; bring your parents, family, and friends. This is an open invitation to anyone on this forum who will be at the game. (Uh Hmmm, Cindy, you gonna be there?????) Anyway, being the place is huge, with literally thousands of people, here's where it will be.

If you look at the parking lot to the EAST of the stadium, you will see a huge beer tent. (That's NOT it. LOL!!!). Just to the west of that is where the parking lot pretty much starts. But for handicapped. It will connect to the dirt/grass section where the majority of cars park. We are the first group of tailgaters right at the edge of the asphalt and grass section. Pretty much right to the EAST of the beer tent. There will be a lot of people there. If you get a little confused, ask for "THUDGATE". And when you find it, I want to meet each of you. Here's a twist. There's approximately 7 "mike's". Very popular name. Forget screen names; just ask for MIKE from WYOMING. I'm the only one of those. I think I have a map some place online. If I find it, I will add it to the post later today. Anyway, I want to meet each of you and show you want a real Air Force Family is like. You will meet active duty, retired, academy alumni, ROTC, OTS, Enlisted, current cadets, etc... We even invite over the army/navy brothers/sisters when they are in town. And the food is excellent. Looking forward to seeing you all and watching the falcons kick some Nicholbutt. later... mike....

Obviously I am not a cadet or anything, but I will be there. Don't know if I will stop by or anything. That would be great to meet you Christcorp.

Later,

Brian

You are more than welcome to attend. Tailgates start 2-3 hours before the game. If you're out there, then by all means come by and check it out. Might run into some of the cadets on the forum here. Be able to meet them and chat. It's a lot of fun. Later.... Mike.....

Obviously I can't be there because I live in Utah. But I will defenetly go to an Air Force game some time in the Future.

Well, we have this tailgate at ALL home games. So stop by any time. During home games, the cadets all have their own squadron get togethers. Basically tailgates. But you are allowed so freedom to stroll around. Especially if you have friends and family attending the game. Hope to see you all. Including all the parents and others the are regular on this site and will be attending the games. (Hornet and Cancad, that means Ya'all). Go Falcons.... Beat the Colonels..... :rockon:

Because of the effort you put into those VERY descriptive directions to 'Thudgate', I would like to say that it sounds like a huge party!

Hope to get a chance to chat with the infamous "Mike from Wyoming" aka, Christcorp :thumb:

I didn't draw the map. It's one on the football forum. I just cut and pasted in there. By all means, come and join the fun and get to know a great bunch of Falcon supporters.

If you had Nicholls State +71......................................

You lost.

lol,

Near the end it was kind of a joke. Lets just hope that they don't break down in their next game. Sorry I wasn't able to stop in Christcorp, maybe next time. I hope all the 4 degrees will have a blast over parents weekend.

Later,

Brian

Christcorp,

I stopped by twice before the game, and both times I was told "He just left, but he'll be right back". I am really sorry that I didn't get to meet you, but we just had too many people to meet up with. Everyone at Thudgate was very welcoming, and my younger son enjoyed a couple of taquitos from the grill. Hopefully we can connect next year.

Stealth_81

Sorry, didn't read this until after the game...
I'll make it over there for the SDSU game. See ya then!

Definitely sorry we missed you all. Definitely a good group of people. My son wanted me to check out his squadron tailgate; plus the Wyoming parent's association was having one. So we had to swing by that one also. Sad part is; I was probably only away from the thudgate for about 30-40 minutes total. We'll be there for all home games. If anyone wants to come by, you all are welcome. And if you want to meet up, drop me a PM and I'll get you my cell number. Anyway; glad everyone had a good parent's weekend. The weather was perfect and I know the cadets really appreciate their families coming out. (Even if they don't always say how much they love and miss them). LOL!!!! See you at the next home game. later... mike....

I was there MIKE! Of course, I was the one with the running, watery eyes, sneezing my head off. What's with the ragweed in CO? I C K.

Anyway, sorry to have missed you. I spent the game asleep (anyone awake was tougher than this ol' "lady") - the allergy meds having kicked in.

Next year. For sure!

Back