presidential nomination question

urbonman6

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
One of the nominations I am requesting is a presidential nomination under the active duty military dependent category. Does anyone know where I can find a template or website to fill-out and submit the application?

One of the nominations I am requesting is a presidential nomination under the active duty military dependent category. Does anyone know where I can find a template or website to fill-out and submit the application?
Hi!

I will be contacting the USAFA tomorrow and will get the link/address/information for everyone.

FYI...the folks in USAFA/RR, the people in admissions, are in the process of moving from Harmon Hall to a temporary facility in Fairchild Hall. Things are a bit...no, they're VERY hectic/crazy right now.

Please be patient with them. I'll make some calls and get some information.

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

Presidential Nomination Paperwork

Hi All!

Pardon me here, but this will be a little long.

To request a nomination in the Presidential, Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans, Military or Civilian Personnel in a Missing Status, or Children of Medal of Honor recipients categories, follow the sample military-affiliated format included in this section.

Mail the letter to:

Admissions Office
HQ USAFA/RRS
2304 Cadet Drive, Suite 2300,
U.S.A.F Academy, CO 80840-5025.

I will still call tomorrow and speak with the RRS folks to make certain there's nothing else required. The letter itself if pretty self-explanatory; in fact, here you are:
Date

Director of Admissions
HQ USAFA/RR
2304 Cadet Drive, Suite 200
U.S .AF Academy CO 80840-5025

Dear Sir:

I want to attend the Air Force Academy and to serve in the United States Air Force. I request a nomination under the (one of the category's listed above) for the class that enters the Academy in June 20__.

My pertinent data is:

Name (print name exactly as it appears on the birth certificate or, if legally changed, attach a copy of the court order):
Social Security Number:
Permanent address (street, city, county, state, zip code):
Temporary address (if applicable):
Permanent phone number (with area code):
Temporary phone number (with area code if applicable):
Date (spell out month) and place of birth:

If member of military, include rank, regular or reserve component, branch of service and organizational address including
PSC Box Number:

If previous candidate, indicate year:

Information on parents:

Name, rank, social security number, regular or reserve component and branch of service:

If your parent is on active duty, attach a statement of the service dated and signed by current personnel officer specifying all periods of active duty and any breaks therein. If your parent is retired or deceased, attach a copy of the retirement orders or casualty report; include Veterans Administration (VA) claim number and VA office where case is filed, if appropriate; include a brief statement with date and circumstances of Medal of Honor award, if appropriate).

Sincerely

Signature

This would be all it takes to get the process started and completed.

More to come.

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

That is the exact template that I used for my presidential. Evidentially it worked because I received it a couple months ago. Good Luck on your app.

Later,

Brian

I submitted it back in May and received in early July. You will get a nom from it Drew, the problem for all of us is being of the 100 appointments that are given.

Later,

Brian

FYI...the folks in USAFA/RR, the people in admissions, are in the process of moving from Harmon Hall to a temporary facility in Fairchild Hall. Things are a bit...no, they're VERY hectic/crazy right now.

Curious, why move? Are they remodeling Harmon Hall too?

Back