Nomination

bsa07eagle

10-Year Member
Hi all,

Do any of you know much about a superintendents nomination? I have heard that service academy superintendents get 50 nom's to give out, do you know if that is correct? Is there any paperwork to apply or is this just the academies "private" nominations to use on the kids they really want? I am just trying to figure out if I have applied to every nomination source.

Thanks everyone,

Brian

Google searches are really helpful. Anyways I found this statement in a (im assuming) statistical report of graduates from the USAFA. It seems like they try to gather a picture of the candidate based on their pre-USAFA record and USAFA record, and determine which are more likely to graduate from USAFA (based on my 30 sec observation). Anyways the site is http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA452047

Here is the statement I found about your question.
Nomination Source. As previously indicated, only the Superintendent’s nomination was found to have a statistically significant relationship with graduation. On average, the probability of a Superintendent’s nomination recipient graduating is 11.6 percentage points lower than recipients
of other nominations, holding the other variables constant at their means. The Academy offers approximately 50 Superintendent nominations a year to well-qualified applicants who are unable to secure a nomination from another source. The result here suggests that these applicants’ inability to obtain nominations from a primary source signals some ineptitude that hinders them
from graduating.

Anyways feel free to verify this. Hope I helped. :thumb:

Ok, thanks for the help,

I probably should have just googled it in the first place, but thanks for doing it for me. That definitely answers my question.

Later,

Brian

Back