Candidate Activities Record

Rocker17

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Since the activities record for the Academy goes back to 10th grade do I not report activities prior to 10th grade on my resume that I will copy into the space provided?

Also, it looks like two essays are required. Choose between essay 1 or essay 2 and everyone does essay 3. Is this correct?

Since the activities record for the Academy goes back to 10th grade do I not report activities prior to 10th grade on my resume that I will copy into the space provided?

Also, it looks like two essays are required. Choose between essay 1 or essay 2 and everyone does essay 3. Is this correct?

For the essays...correct. As far as the activities go...I'm not sure.

There are narrative areas where you get to use words instead of just filling in blocks. In these narrative areas, there's nothing wrong with stating:

"Having been involved with football for 5 years, I have learned the importance of team work and following detailed orders and instructions."

"I believe that having 9 years of experience in musical activities has made me a much more outgoing personality with understand of individual feelings".

So, if it's a checkbox area, then obviously follow instructions to the LETTER. If it's a narrative section that allows you to elaborate, then don't be afraid to take advantage of this opportunity to mention how long you've been involved in activities you consider important. But don't mention the activities directly. Mention your experience in those activities as "Support" documentation for something else. I.e. Use music experience to support being a sensitive and compassionate individual. Or many years of football experience as support for your understanding of rules, teamwork, etc... Best of luck. Mike....

Back