Retake CFA?

SMZ

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I'm in pretty good shape, and have been training for the CFA all summer, however try as I might I still have poor scores on the BB throw, as well as the shuttle run. I can't seem to get my basketball throw much better than it is, and my shuttle run isn't great either. (As a former xc runner, I prefer running in straight lines) Anyways, here are my scores

BB throw: 50ft (ave 69)
Pullups: 18 (ave 11)
Shuttle run: 9.4s (ave 8.8)
Situps: 87 (ave 80)
Pushups: 67 (ave 60)
Mile run: 6:00 min (ave 6:40)

I've heard the throw and shuttle run are weighted less, and I'm above average on the core 4 events

What's your call? Retake?

Last edited:
lt. colonel the other day told me cfa was a one-shot deal. i actually have to do mine tomorrow morning at a pleasant 6:15 am... does anybody know what the deal is with retaking?

You can take it as many times as you like. HOWEVER; you can only submit the scores one time. So, if your ALO or whomever says "Today is the day", and you finish it and aren't happy with the results, you'll have to convince them to let you take it again later. Remember, your ALO or Gym teacher whoever is doing the test with you, also has a life, work, family, etc... Be considerate of them. Practice until you feel you're ready, then take it and submit your scores. Best of luck. Mike....

Hi!

The advice you've been given is both accurate and correct! :thumb:

The "reported test" is a "one shot" deal HOWEVER...it's up to you and the scorer whether or not to report it. I have administered the test to a candidate, had the candidate afterwards come up and almost beg me NOT to submit it as they've done MUCH better before. Then I said "Okay...so when?"

We redid it the next weekend and he was correct; he did MUCH better!

Your scores...not bad actually...yeah, a bit short on the BB and shuttle but 18 pullups, 87, 67, etc...etc...etc...I think you'd be fine with these scores as I think they'd put you squarely in the middle of the pack.

BUT...it is YOUR call on when to do this and submit it!

Steve
USAFA ALO
USAFA '83

Back