Mail

bsa07eagle

10-Year Member
Hi all,

I got a bunch of stuff from the academy today in the mail (nothing important, lol). There was a catalog (it was a BIG catalog, listing every degree and course description) and a parents directory in it. Has anyone else gotten anything like that, and is that standard procedure for candidates?

Later,

Brian

Agreed, it is typical, plus the xmas post card is too. Also if you don't get this, don't freak, it really is about what the RD decides to do and nothing about your packet. When DS went through, the RD asked for a picture of him, he was the only one on this board that was asked, but the reality was as our ALO told us, that is this particular RD, they want to have a face with the name.

My son received the packet today...and he informed his ALO a while back that he is no longer applying to USAFA. Guess he needs to write a letter to the academy.

Thats cool,

Thanks for the info everyone. I was just wondering how much stuff they send out to all the candidates. The catalog was actually really interesting and had lots of useful information on the academy. Guess I get to look forward to a Christmas card now.

Later,

Brian

Yes, I got the same things in the mail today.

My son got the same packet. He gets something about twice a month from the athletic dept and the athletic association. Although it is just form letters that everyone gets, it is nice to see something from the Academy in the mailbox to help with the waiting.......

Yay - my son finally got the packet today! He was starting to feel slighted! :wink:

Makes for interesting reading if nothing else while he keeps hoping for an LOA!

My son got a postcard from USAFA today, stating that his file was complete (strange because it has been complete for over a month and even shown online that it has been complete that long!) I agree with Marciemi, the catalog has lots of useful information (although some of that info would have been nice to have had a couple of months ago!)

Back