Application Timeline and LOA

nbbgolfcmdr

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who's gotten their LOA so far!

Whenever I was reading through the threads, it seems like some of the LOAs are dated 13 October.

I'm going to complete my CFA (last thing needed) 20 November 2009, and I will not hear back from my congressmen whether I have received a nomination or not until January.

My question is: Do LOAs go out on a rolling basis, whenever the review board comes across an outstanding application? Or, is there a "cutoff" date for LOAs?

I'm not sure how to quote from other threads, but as I was surfing through threads dated about this time last year, I came across one poster that said they were going to have their application done 1 November. However, another poster said that most of the LOAs would have been mailed by then.

I'm remembering that I'm applying to the Academy and not for the LOA, but the assurance, non-the-less, would be nice to have!

Thanks!

Timeline

There is no timeline for LOAs. Many are sent out in the fall, but I am aware of some sent even after nominations are complete. The LOA is contingent on something - often a nomination - but sometimes perhaps medical clearance. So, while many are sent in the fall, there is really no magic date after which an LOA would not be sent.

Thanks!

From what I was reading, it seemed that there was a time that LOA's just stopped coming. But, I'll be done in just a few more weeks or sooner!

Thanks again!

Back