application processing

NavyFan11

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I mailed out my transcript and all the stuff with it October 10th. It's still listed as missing; I got a letter from the AFA on the 14th or so, reminding me that these forms are missing.

Am I just impatient? How long should it take for my forms to get processed?

When my son sent his back in mid August, he waited about 2 weeks after it had all been sent before calling his counselor at AF. She found that she did have it and promised him it would be reflected shortly. It still took about another 10 days after that, and this was back when I'm guessing they weren't as inundated with stuff coming in. I'd certainly feel free to call maybe in a week or so just to confirm they have it, but it doens't seem to be a super quick process!

Call your admissions officier

CALL, CALL, CALL. All my forms were completed on August 30th. I received the white postcard on October 14th indicating that 4 items were missing. I got right on the phone to admissions and they told me everything is in order. No harm in touching base:smile:

I guess its the transcripts that take the longest. I sent mine in on October 2nd, and it finally got processed today. So just be patient! You could also call them to see if they actually received in the mail.

A note for all you JUNIORS who will be applying this coming year. This is another reason to try and finish up your application as early as possible. If you finish it in July or the Beginning of August, there will be very few others in the "Complete" pile. Your counselor will have given your application "More attention". S/He won't have "thousands or even hundreds of applications being finalized all at once like in September, October, and November. Matter of fact; when my son finished his, he never even got a postcard. A few days after submitting the CFA, his application changed to complete, and his counselor called a couple days later saying his application was 100% complete. She wouldn't be able to do that if she had a few hundred applications on her desk being completed.

Anyway, this thread is a "Processing" thread, so I like for some of the 2015 applicants to have a "Heads Up" if they're "Lurking" on the site. Best of luck all you 2014 applicants. mike....

wow. so weird to even hear 2015 mentioned. kind of loving it actually.

Called my admissions counselor today, and they received it. I feel much less anxious now, thanks guys! Good call on the calling :p

Euglena, make sure you note the name and the phone number of the person to whom you spoke at AFA. Chances are, you'll have several more calls to make and it is just simpler to have the information at hand.

I think my boys' admissions counselor was a saint. So much was the same for the two of them and she was even able to tell their voices apart on the phone. Really, very professional, talented, hardworking, detail oriented, friendly, helpful. They can't pay those folks enough!

Back