Couple of Questions

SJJTitan

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Hey guys, I just have a couple of questions.

First, I sent in my senior year schedule, transcript, and school profile twice now, and USAFA still isn't reporting having them. I emailed the admissions department, but I'm wondering if I should call my admissions counselor as well? And is it maybe not showing up because I am currently medically disqualified? I don't know what it is, but its kinda getting me antsy.

Secondly, is is usual to get three interviews? I mean I'm just wondering; I've already had an interview from Senator Brown (I live in Ohio), I have one with Voinovich tomorrow (In Columbus, which means ANOTHER long car ride for a 20 minute interview lol), and I have one with my Representative in December. Now I'm pumped, but I'm just wondering if all you guys have gotten this, because this seems a like a good sign to me!

Thanks a lot guys!

I would at this point just call and politely ask if they now have it.

As far as 3 interviews, it depends on the MOC and the state. In NC, only 1 did interviews, but DS got all 3. In NY they state if you have one nom from another MOC, please don't come because we spread the wealth. If your MOCs all interview and your a strong candidate, you could easily get all 3.

Now for those that don't get 3, don't read into it that the other candidate is in and you're are not. There are many cadets that got no MOCs, and only a Presidential and they are there now. It is your WCS that makes the break line and you only need 1 nom to make that

Titan--
We are in Ohio also--son has had his Brown interview, and will interview with Voinovich the 21st. We haven't heard from rep yet, but were told by Brown's staff that our rep usually waits to see what noms senators are giving. Ohio also "spreads the wealth" They do communicate and strive to get the most candidates from Ohio nominated and not double nom someone.
That said, it is a very positive sign you were given interviews for Brown and Voinovich. They have stated thier numbers are almost double from last year, and they had to turn away many highly qualified candidates. Our Representative (Boehner) gives interviews to all applicants unless he knows they've already been given a Nom from Brown or Voinovich, but all Reps may not operate that way.

Good luck to you!

Thanks guys! I just talked to my counselor a little bit ago, and she does indeed have all my stuff, I'm actually 6th on her list for today to handscore the transcripts (Sounds like a tremendous amount of work!). Andddd I talked to my ALO, I guess I may to my interview with him today too! One today, one tomorrow...lots of work, but its all worth it!!

Back