CFA----> Medical Waiver

tgfalcon17

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I was medically disqualified a couple of months ago for a head injury that I had when I was 4. And I haven't yet submitted my CFA scores (haven't actually done the test yet, still practicing). I'm getting a little worried because of the time factor.

Should I just go with the scores for the CFA that I can get now so that the Academy will have more time to review my application and the medical waiver process can get under way? Or should I keep trying to increase my scores? I score max on three events, above average on pull-ups, but below average on BB throw and shuttle run.

Thanks!

I was in the same situation with the CFA, however not with a medical qualification problem. I was max on pullups, 6 min on mile, 67 pushups, 87 situps, however a 54 on BB throw and 9 on the shuttle. When I met with my counselor while visiting the Academy she said my scores were just slightly above average, (I got a 410/?? (500?)) and that they wouldn't negatively or positively impact my application. I'd say submit and get on with the medical qualifications

Interesting - just sharing for comparison purposes since my son was also told that he had a very similar score (I think 407), and was told this was above average and would help some (or at least not hurt him at all). He had max in situps and around a 6 min mile, and an 8.4 on the shuttle (his strengths). 67 on the basketball, 50 pushups and 10 pullups (all close to average at least, but definitely not his strengths).

I'd get everything done - you can always take the CFA again (before you submit it) if you do badly on anything. Just a hassle for the PE teacher or whoever, but just don't submit the scores until you're happy. But if everything is average or close - I'd go for getting it in front of the board!

Back