Shoe Polish

ZoomingFalcon

Cadet
10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Time for a random question...

What kind of shoe polish does USAFA provide for cadets?

I use Kiwi for my shoes, which works great. Too bad I won't be able to use them :biggrin:

I don't want to discourage any questions. Everyone has different priorities and some have Appointments, LOA's, etc already.
This is to MOST students/applicants in November. If you do NOT already have a letter that locks you in to your Academy, spending one minute on shoe polish is a minute you could be spending improving your grades/mile run/volunteer work but do not. It is your call.
To ZF, I don't know which brand. Just understand that eveyone starts at the same place with the same gear. People show up who have never shined a shoe and prior enlisted show up who have shoe shines down to a level you will never match. Through hard work at the Academy, all seem to get through.
Good luck.

You can buy kiwi at the c-store. That's what I use.

I buy Kiwi Parade Gloss from the Cadet Store. We were issued really crappy polish, though. Buy some Kiwi when you can.

Recently, it has been Kiwi.
The C-store also sells Kiwi parade gloss, and Lincoln Wax.

I prefer lincoln wax, but it is just that--a personal preference.

The saying? Hmmmm. What could it be? I don't know if I could tell...

Now for all you history buffs out here, I have a dried can of Shinola in my old footlocker of collected items…..Now can anyone tell me what the old GO motto was with this brand of shoe polish?

tpg:
and the answer in the ancient history category is

"YOU DON'T KNOW SH*T FROM SHINOLA"

:shake::yllol:

I guess it was a New England thing..
We were taught, "You can't tell (BLANK) from Shinola".
One word change can RUIN a good joke.
Cheers

when shinning my ROTC shoes, i tend to use a mix of normal black kiwi, and parade gloss kiwi. Normal black to get a good base coat, then parade gloss to get a nice finish shine. Definitely works best if you use cotton balls and HOT water in my opinion, but there are many many many ways to shine shoes. Just never take a lighter or hair dryer to them; i ruined a pair of shoes doing that.

thats funny because a lot of people here use the lighter method and it works great for them

it does work fantastic; however, it is very easy to screw up, and if you do, the shoes are ruined. For me, the risk outweighs the gain.

Back